Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Delay

We missed our flight, and I cried because that's what I do when I get frustrated. I am trying my best to keep a positive attitude while I am here in NYC but it isn't as fun as I imagined. Marquise is doing her best but there are some things I just don't like about being here.

We now leave on Saturday, same time. I was soo excited and ready to be there, but like everyone keeps telling me, everything happens for a reason.

However, there are some things I just love here. I love the people Marquise has introduced to me (all Haitians). They are loving individuals and they want to please you. Marquise keeps saying, "That's Haitians." Grandma is my favorite because you can tell she has a kind heart, a wise soul, and is the mother hen of everyone. Her presence brings grace.

Grandma doesn't speak much English but she taught me how to say "I am hungry" in Creole. It was a precious moment because although we can't have a conversation, we exchanged words the best way we could.

The other thing about Haitians is that they are very sexual and affectionate people. They love to take pictures of themselves, and the conversation of sex comes up often. I like that about Marquise, because she is sexy and she knows it, and doesn't care to show it. She isn't afraid to be herself. I think I am going to learn a lot from her. ;)


I love to say this... Bonswa! - good afternoon

More soon and much love!


1 comment: