Saturday, August 4, 2012

Visiting PAP

I am currently sitting on Fritz's bed, enjoying being in Port-au-Prince. I haven't written in my blog so much lately because the internet seems to be getting slower and slower in Bainet. It is a lot quicker here so I figure I could do an update.

I am miserable in Bainet. Every night I feel very alone and depressed. The only part of my day I enjoy is teaching the teachers in the morning, and when I drink my coffee. Other than that my days are slow and boring and lonely. Marquise is the only person I can speak with, and I hate being by her side all the time. I don't think she understands how difficult it is to be in a place where you have no one to speak with. Maybe she did when she first moved to America, but I can't wait to be done teaching so I can come back to PaP for one last week before I come home. At least here I have my foster family and Jimmy.

I know myself pretty well, once I am gone I will want to come back within a month. I plan on coming here for my birthday for a week in January. Mostly because I want to see Jimmy, but also because I have my family here. I don't think I ever want to go back to Bainet, unless I speak fluent Creole/French, or to see the final product of the school. I keep hearing from loved ones that this is preparing me for Peace Corps, and I totally agree except I will be able to communicate with more people on a daily basis. I think I have stressed this factor many times throughout my blogging. I can't imagine living a life where I couldn't have contact with anybody. I would go insane!

Three weeks left, two in Bainet and one in PaP, and then HOME, here I come! I look forward to seeing my girlfriends, relaxing with my mom while we watch an episode of Criminal Minds or Leverage. I look forward to seeing my niece and nephew while they paint my nails and we build tall building out of wooden blocks. I look forward to working a part time job and interacting with strangers every day. I am so excited to see my cat, Tux. I don't miss him terribly, really only if I see another cat. What I really look forward to the most is listening to my own music again. I miss MY music.



I would say that music is the most important 'thing' in my life. I can't find the right word, but music is everything to me. I somehow erased my music on my iTunes, and it can't be restored because they were cd's of mine that I burned, so I've been doing without and it has definitely influenced my attitude in a negative manner.

Anyways, there is a lot I look forward to when I come home. I know I will be greeted with many hugs and "I missed you!" and I can't wait to tell everyone about my adventure here! I am also very thankful for what I have. I have always been a thankful and humble person, but I think it doubled! haha!

This is me when I first arrived to Haiti. This is what I will look like when I head home!



I love you all. Enjoying my day in PaP and looking forward to coming home!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment