Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bleh...


I don’t have the urge to write in my blog today, and maybe it’s because I want to feel sorry for myself for being home sick. I knew this was to come.

Because I am foreign here, the people literally stare at me and watch everything I do. I currently have a group of people watching me type. I have to understand that it IS foreign, and they don’t ever see this kind of stuff… until now. The computer course Fritz organized is underway. Yesterday, a group of boys walked an hour to check out the place where the latest and greatest technology course is held in the rural community. I guess word travels fast. Fritz just bought a copier, and I think there are more computers here, so this place has something to offer.

This morning I assisted the students on how to change the background of a computer. This amazes me, but they don’t have the access to technology that we do, so this is all very new to them. It is like learning anything new that you have no background knowledge in. 
I am very bored here, and I hate to admit that. Marquise and I only teach for three hours in the morning, and after that we lounge around for the whole day. The only person I can have a conversation with is Marquise, and I can only take so much of her, and she can only take so much of me. I feel lonely often. I spoke with a dear friend of mine yesterday through messages and my whole mood was different. I was jumping around spreading joy and smiling at everyone. I am just now realizing how important communication is with other human beings, for me personally.

I think I did enough complaining for today. I imagine I will be in a better mood in a couple hours. It doesn’t take much to put a smile on my face and make my heart dance.

I miss you all, but I mostly miss the old happy and upbeat Andie. With challenge comes greatness. I’ve got this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment