Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What a treat!


I finally have the Internet at my fingertips, which means I can upload on my blog more often. I like keeping a blog, even if no one reads it.

We still haven’t made it to Bainet, due to vehicle issues. Hopefully we leave tomorrow. Port-au-Prince has been really good to me. I still love it here but I am so ready to start teaching. I look forward to meeting the children. 

I want to share some of my favorite treats with you while I have been here… the first being beer.

Ahhh Prestige… World Beer Cup 2000 Winner …  Oh how I love Prestige, mostly because after two of them I am dancing with myself. It only has 5.6% alcohol, but for some reason, it gets to me quickly. I wish we had this lager at home.




Second indulgence… Chocolate … We have chocolate for breakfast, in liquid form and it is so delicious. When I was at home I had the privilege of eating chocolate whenever I wanted. I guess I could buy chocolate here whenever, but I like having it as a treat once in a while.


Some of the other treats I like include ice cream, chicken, coffee, porridge, organic bananas, plantines, spaghetti, sugarcane, avocado (which I grew to love) and goat. I never imagined I would ever try goat in my life but it is so delicious. I will never think goats are cute, ever again.




Some of the treats I don't like but wish I did is mango and coconuts. There are coconut trees in my back yard. Marquise cut one open for me and had me try it but my taste buds disagree.


The time here goes by so slowly. It feels like I have been here for weeks but it has only been ten days. Now that I can go on Facebook again whenever I want, I miss my friends and family way more then I did. Love you all. 

Andie

1 comment:

  1. After rereading this blog, I must tell you that I grew to really love mango, especially on my bread.

    ReplyDelete